Monday, May 7, 2012

A bit of sun

We've been lacking some sunshine down here in Oregon. Sometimes we'll have those fun 80 degree days which are immediately followed by pouring rain. Today we finally got some sun that looks like it will stay  for more than a day. I seriously am super excited. Today we went to the beach with the Woodwards. We started off at Tillamook to get ice cream. It was super beautiful and once you were in the water for a couple minutes you couldn't feel the cold. :) We had loads of fun. There was Lilly and Elise throwing sand everywhere (even on me, their pie maker). And then everyone else doing their own thing. We walked around and I learned that shoes are a very important thing when you are walking on rocks that have a tendency for being sharp. :) Then I totally ran into a rock. It was a cave like thing and I totally ran into a rock. It was right in front of my face. I have no idea how I did it. I must be skilled. :) Anyways, my head started bleeding a little and I have a terrible headache that doesn't want to go away. Oh, and a big bruise and a lump on my head. Lovely. Big thanks to the Woodwards for making sure I didn't go to sleep and die from a concussion. Love you guys. :)
And another thing that added some sunshine into the week. We and our exchange student got all approved and what not. We're getting an exchange student this upcoming school year!!! Can you tell I'm excited? Now to clean out the craft room and do some crafty room projects... pictures to come. :)

4 comments:

  1. LOL Rachel!! i can't believe you ran into a rock! :( it's my job to be the clumsy one ;) did you get burned at all?? i totally got burned all over haha oh my gosh! i can't wait for your exchange student to come! it's gonna be fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sun burns, but my mom made me go to the doctor today and apparently I got knocked out and had a minor concussion. I might have gotten slightly darker, but I can't tell. ;)

      Delete
    2. Ouch :( that sucks :( hahah yeah it's hard to tell the first couple of days :)

      Delete
  2. Ran into a rock :-)
    we had exchange students a few years when the kids were home... it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)