Sunday, May 20, 2012

Trek Prep

{Emma, Emilee, Hannah, Me, Makayla, Claire}
This summer I'm going on trek. Basically you dress up in pioneer clothes, walk 5 miles a day, no showers for a week. While you're pushing a hand cart. Sounds super fun, right! Anyways, we've had to do tons of preparation for it and I decided not to blog about it until we got most of it done. My excuse for not blogging for a while. :) We went on a hike at Gales Creek (the picture above). It was pretty fun. Except that it was the first time I was wearing my hiking boots and I wore short socks. Bad idea. 
The next activity was the stake square dance night. Everyone dressed up in their trek clothes and we square danced. For 2 hours. I went over to Hannah's house with Emilee before to "get ready". I got to dance with a whole bunch of guys and it was super fun.
After the dance we went to Yogurt Munch. The faces we got were amazing. This little boy was staring at us. :) Oh, and the one guy who asked us is we wore our outfits everyday.
Then, more recently we had an activity where we just had fun doing trekky stuff. Not really preppy stuff. Just trekky stuff. It was a blast. We had it at the Woodwards' house. I spent the whole afternoon there before the activity helping get ready. We had egg races, 3 legged races, relays, hand cart safety, and peach cobbler.
{Sam :)}
My favorite part was the relay. To make the boys appreciate the fact that they only have to wear pants, a shirt and suspenders we had them have to go in our clothes: apron, bloomers, skirt, bonnet... the list goes on and on. It was super awesome.
 {Daisy}
 Us with the handcart (I'm in the green)
{Annica, Jenna, Alyssa, Autumn, Hannah, Emile, Me, and Bro McLaughlin)
Yesterday we had our mini trek. It was basically there to make sure we weren't going to die on trek. Again in pioneer clothes, we hiked 8 miles with around 250 teenagers at Stub Stewart. It was amazing.
{Jacob, Me, Michaela}
I wore my hiking boots for the second time. This time with my dad's socks, which are longer on me. You do not want to see my lovely, huge blister. 3 of them. They hurt. The walking wasn't that bad. I didn't really feel super tired or anything. Just restrained in my skirt. That's not that bad though since Hannah and I learned that if you hold your skirt up you have bloomers underneath and you can run. :)
{Michaela, Jacob in Michaela's awesome bonnet)
{Alyssa, Annica, Alyssa, Beth, Emma, Rebecca, Me, Jenna, Emilee, Hannah, Autumn}
When we stopped for lunch we tried to take a picture of all the YW in our ward. It was a little hard since in EVERY picture Emilee was looking at this "justin bieber kid" play football. In case you didn't know, Emilee loves JB. That's why her outfit is purple. And why she sewed a picture of Justin Bieber inside of her apron pocket. Love you Emilee! :)
After we were all done, had gone to DQ and were back at the church Hannah and I took of our skirts. I think my bloomers are cooler, personally. 
Trek is in 1 1/2 months. July. Middle of summer. In Eastern WA. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. That 3 legged race seriously gave me a big bruise on my leg!! hahah I love that picture of Sam! Watching the guys put on those clothes was super funny :)Did Emilee ever talk to the JB dude?? After all this Trek Prep stuff,I can honestly say that I'm not as bummed about Trek as I was before :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My leg hurt for a while too. Emilee didn't talk to the JB dude. But she did catch up with him. :)

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)