Sunday, July 1, 2012

Soccer Camp


So... I was at soccer camp for the whole last week. A week long soccer camp that starts at 8 am and goes until 9 pm. 45 minutes away from my house. It was SUPER FUN! I was one of the 6 commuters. 
Us commuters got to share 2 rooms. It wasn't that bad. Tyra ended up being sick for the whole camp except one day, so it was really only 5 of us. Mariella and Kim took one room and Brittany, Savannah and I took the other. The rooms were nice, but the beds were way to high. When you're super sore it is not fun to try to get up on it. Enough said. 


Each day went like this:
6 am: Wake up and get ready
7 am: Leave
8 am: Get at camp
9 am: First practice session
11 am: Break until lunch
11:45: LUNCH!
2:30 pm: next practice session
4:30 pm: rest until dinner
5 pm: dinner
6:30 - 8:30 : World Cup
8:45: go home

I ended up with about 5 hours of sleep each night. I had two different groups I was in. There's the practice session group. Budge was our coach for that and I had about 14 girls in my group. Practice sessions were my favorite. Then there's the World Cup team. My team was Spain. We had 14 girls in that group too! We didn't do so well for the first 4 days of camp. We were 2nd to last for points. But the last day of camp we kind of were super amazing. Our first game was against Canada (pretty good). They had already beaten us before. We tied them 0-0 and went into penalty kicks. And won! Then we played Fiji (top team) right after that. We tied them 1-1 and went into penalty kicks. We had 13 penalty kicks before my team finally missed and they won. Barely. I had an amazing coach, Micaela Capelle. I'm now a devoted Pilots fan BTW. :)
So, I kind of hurt my ankle. And had to get it taped before each session and game or be in serious pain. I got to get to know the trainer pretty well and he got to smell my sweaty gross soccer feet a lot. The purple pre-wrap didn't really want to come off and so my ankle was purple. I think it's all gone now...
This is how my hair looks after it's been in a bun all day.
And this was my bestest friend during our breaks.
This is Brittany. She's from Hawaii and was my commuter buddy along with Savannah. I don't have a picture of Savannah except for when we woke her up and I thought I'd be nice and not put it on my blog. :) 
Our practice session groups put together a skit for Friday night. My group kept on changing our skit and finally got it learned right before we had to perform. Amanda from the Pilots team did all the hard work. :) She made a little dance for Justin Bieber's Boyfriend. The goalies joined our group. It was really fun and I really enjoyed doing it. 

Did anyone watch the Spain/Portugal game? Wasn't it amazing! I loved how they kept on zooming up on Ronaldo's face. I LOVE RONALDO!


No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)