Friday, February 24, 2012

more china news


Hello! So I found out that I enjoy sleeping much more when there is heat and I seem rather happy when I wake up every hour. I know. Weird. Also I found out about Coco. She's in the hospital with pneumonia. We're hoping she feels better soon. 
I started out this morning in the blue room with Geoff. He was super and happy and giggly. He laughs at everything! He and Justin are a good pair since they are both so easily entertained. I play with both of them often. Then I got to do some skyping which is always very awesome. :) I spent a lot of time in the isolation room today. Angel was actually awake for 2 hours straight! Of course as soon as I laid her down so I could eat lunch she fell asleep. Immediately. I held David and Noelle a lot too. Dawn seems super happy in her bouncer and refuses to smile when she's out of it. Oh well. Lunch was amazing minus the mushrooms, but grandma ate mine so all is well. :) 
This little boy is Isaac. He actually answers to his Chinese name too which is something like Ne Hur or Nehor. He is a cuddly boy and reminds grandma and me of my cousin Lance. We call him our Chinese Lance. :) He always comes up to us for hugs and gives them to all his foster siblings. Don't forget the kisses! He will take the time to feed Anna and the smaller babies too. When I had door duty he came over and sat on our laps just cuddling us. So sweet. He's in the red room, but spends most of his time out in the courtyard. It's hard to believe that the little baby that was here when we came last is now him. It's weird to see all the babies walking that we're just sitting up. To compare ages. Mila went around with my camera today without me knowing. All the sudden she came up to me with it and handed it to me. She had taken pictures of babies and a ton of this one blue stool. Good pictures too. This girl will need a camera. :)
The hot water didn't come on today so I went without a shower. Plus the drain was flooded sink would have to do the whole fill up the bowl and dump it on your head over the sink thing. So I put my hair up and washed my face. The water is freezing here. I hope it works tomorrow otherwise I have to take a cold one which will ruin my day. I love nice hot showers. 
My allergies are really acting up here like they did last time. It's no fun and I always have to take breaks to splash cold water on my eyes and blow my nose. Ugh. I rather be hiding those babies. 
It's good to feel super loved. Whenever I walk out of my room one of the kids will yell "jie jie!" and I get about 6 coming over for a hug. Mila is definitely my replacement for Lilly. Same age and very much alike. Except Mila doesn't know I make pies yet. :) Plus I don't know what "pie maker" is in Chinese. That is what Lilly calls me. 

3 comments:

  1. BRRRR!!! I can surely relate to enjoying a nice hot shower!! :) It sounds like all the kids really love your company :-)!
    Did you bring allergie medication?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you talking about little baby Isaac last time you went!! Crazy how fast time has gone by! Is the red room bad?? Nothing like a cold shower to wake you up though Rachel :) Miss you! We seriously need to skype!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rachel,
    We are in the process of adopting Ethan. We have 3 girls, ages 12, 10 and 21 months, so Ethan will be only a month younger than our little girl. We hope to travel to china in April. I was hoping you might post some pictures of Ethan... Also any info you have on him would be so much appreciated. Is he social? Does he talk? Does he still take a bottle? Is he a good sleeper? He is such an adorable little boy and we can hardly wait to finally hold him. I think that what you are doing there, volunteering, is absolutely amazing. I think that it is an incredible experience that will forever change you. My 12 year old is now aking me when she can go....I truly admire you and your family for your dedication.
    Corinna oliashirazi

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)