Saturday, February 25, 2012

china adventures

Today was quite a busy day. First of all I didn't get a lot of sleep because I was busy trying to make sure I woke up on time. At 6 I finally woke up at the right time (not 1 or 3). Then I headed to take my shower. So, I found out what is worse than a cold shower. My water changed from scalding hot to freezing cold every 5 seconds. It sucked. I'm starting to hate that shower even though it is the only way I can get all the spit up and stuff off. Anyways the reason for this early getting up is we got to go for a little girl in the local group for our church's baptism. We had to go to a resort about a hour away. It was fun to get to know the people and everyone was very nice. Oh and we had donuts. Anna was a cutie and reminded me of our Hannah. I guess all 8 year olds act alike. :) Then we went for an amazing American lunch with Patrick. French fries never tasted so good. After that I got to go see Amanda. She's doing pretty well and it was fun to see her. I love Amanda. She's an awesome woman and my hero. I would love to do what she's done. I would in a heartbeat. 
When we got back it was already 4 so I spent time in the baby room. Angel was awake and super smiley. She did manage 2 poopy diapers for me in the whole hour and a half that I held her. Then she fell asleep and the nannies therefore became in charge of her diapers not me. I then went into the blue room and played with Lexie and Angela. Angela was super whiney and Lexie was being super sweet and giving me tons of hugs. Lexie and Michelle are getting adopted tomorrow. We will definitely miss them. I got to meet Michelle's parents today and her older sister who is three. They are an amazing family and Michelle will love her sister. It's really cool to meet the parents who will be adopting a child who you have loved and cared for and prayed for a family to be touched and adopt them. I have lots of respect for those families. I know it's hard at first with the adjusting. 
I got a lovely dinner cooked by the Chinese dudes. The new one that I haven't met thought I was Chinese and Patrick explained that I was half Asian. They were very nice. You can't help but like a guy who can cook good food. Except the Chinese haven't gotten the whole "I can't take another bite" thing yet. :)
Tomorrow I'm planning on helping all I can with the adoptions. Im so excited to be a part of he most important day in these girls' lives. I'll definitely do some catch up blogging when I get home. Let me know of you want to hear about a baby in particular. I try to write about them but seem to have lost track of which ones I have. :) 
BTW project learn all the babies' birthdays is going well. Luckily there are a few birthday twins. :)
Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)