Sunday, February 5, 2012

China ramblings...

{Angela}
We leave for Washington tomorrow morning. That's our first stop before China and we'll be there for a week until it's time to hop on the plane. I'm getting more excited and freaked out each day. To think that in one week I'll be holding babies...
Today church was different. Mainly because I had to play the organ a little last minute and I didn't pick out the hymns until this morning (I know, bad decision). After the first verse of a hymn I have this bad habit that makes me stop focusing on the notes and my mind wanders off to other things. That ended up quite a few mistakes while I tried to find my spot. :) It was my last time seeing my best friends for the next month and a half and we were at church for an extra 1/2 hour giving hugs over and over and over. 
Now I'm packing for the next month and it ,seriously, takes a lot of thought because you can only take so many clothes and you have to choose ones that you won't get sick of after a couple weeks. 
I promise a picture of all the donations gathered together once I'm in Washington. And there will be tons of stuff. I will definitely blog while I'm gone, even though I'm going to have to trust my mom to blog through my e-mails since it's hard to get on certain websites when you're in China. 
Also, we just found out that Amanda has been in the hospital and they are doing some tests. I don't think she's home yet. I imagine things are pretty busy at Starfish, so please keep her and the babies in your prayers that all may run smoothly. I know how crazy it is there when she's gone for a hour or two, so this has got to be a super crazy time. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss you so much Rachel!! Church and YW's won't be the same without you :(( We'll have to skype sometime! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. I'm going to miss you too. I think that I might come over for seminary and go walking... Adam told me that I should too.

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)