Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Miss Robyn

Hey everyone!
This little baby is Robyn and she is one of the 7 that came in the early fall. She's around 5 months old and a very happy girl. Her nanny loves her tons and she loves her too. She always has to see her nanny otherwise she's not happy unless being held. She has tons of smiles and hands them out freely.
Amanda gets to leave the hospital tomorrow but she isn't coming here. She will stay with a friend and if she wants she can come visit for a day. She really misses the kids, but we know this is best for her health. 
I got to cuddle Bryant today and he was super happy. I hope he keeps improving because he definitely needs a lot more chub before I stop worrying about him. 
I figured out how to make Dawn laugh today. She's really ticklish on her chin. It's the first time I've heard her laugh. She's such a happy girl and really does enjoy some special time. Grace was laughing a bunch too today.
I did a lot of laundry today and organized their laundry room a little. They keep the clothes there for grabbing and the nannies seem to have such a hard time finding a certain clothing item in a certain size. I still have got a lot to do, but it looks a lot better.
Some Chinese people stopped by during my door duty with tons (and I mean it) of boxes of diapers. They wanted to take a picture with the "foreign volunteers" so I felt special. Door duty was a little boring but I got to read a lot of my book. I also got to talk to Marshall and Ali. They are American and volunteering here, but staying at a different place. Really fun people. A Chinese guy asked me if I was Chinese and lived in xian today. Yeah. Don't think I look that chinesey. But I took it as a compliment and after it was translated to me responded with " I don't speak ANY Chinese" in Chinese. He thought it was pretty funny. 
Watching babies can get tiring sometimes, but if I rest while they have nap time I seem to be able to give 20 kids piggy back rides again. Michelle loves me to throw her up in the air and give her about every ride that exists. Yeah. I'm super tired. Laundry gives me something to do while I rest. I also clean up all the toys during naps and after bed. It's a lot easier then all the organization at my house. There is a bin. The toys go in it. Well, I'm going to go do some more laundry. You go through a lot of baby clothes and burp clothes here. :) Love you all and miss you tons! 

3 comments:

  1. It does sound like you would be so tired after so much play:) I bet the kids LOVE it:)
    Ms. Robyn is so adorable:) Such a sweet smile:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte loves Robyn into pieces. It's so sweet to see them together. The kids all have a little baby that they are protective of and freak out if anyone comes near their baby.

      Delete
  2. So glad you're feeling better and are getting worn out from the kids instead of a bug.

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)