Monday, February 27, 2012

A semi normal day at starfish

I had a horrible time sleeping last night. I woke up after getting 5 hours of sleep and it took me 2 hours to finally get out of bed. :) I went to take my shower but the hot water wasn't on even though it was already 8. So I ate my breakfast. Right as I grab my yogurt out of the fridge Mila, Jane, and Charlotte walked in. When you have food all the sudden you are their best friend. I fed those 3 girls 3/4 of my yogurt and ate another one later in the safety of my room. :) They were super sweet saying "xie xie" (thank you) over and over. It was hard to resist. I have totally given up on the shower. The only way I can be semi happy is if the whole time I'm moving the water from cold to hot. Then it is kind of warm. After my shower I didn't feel so good so I took some allergy medication. Well, I ended up with a fever and the chills. It's weird because I usually don't get sick that often and all the sudden I'm getting sick a bunch. I did feel a lot better after a 3 hour nap. And some more yogurt, toast and apple juice. The apple juice here tastes like cold apple cider. Everything tastes a little different here. 
Molly and Carole left us today to go back to college leaving us with a lot of food. Our numbers are going down but we have people joining our ranks. Stephanie, one of Amanda's good friends, joined us to help with Amanda. We have more people coming next week. Amanda is not going to continue her treatment in China. She surprised everyone when she was talking on the phone and said that she couldn't do something because she would be in the US. I think she'll leave on Thursday. She's planning on going to Nashville.
All the sudden while I was resting on my sick bed I heard kid music blaring through speakers. Curious as I was I had to see what it was. You can imagine my surprise and delight when I saw a group of volunteers dancing and singing with the kids. Just think of the wiggles and make the people Chinese and you have it. All the kids were dancing and Mila and Isaac were really getting into it. Then they brought out the creepy pink bug character. Freaked out Joy and Isaac at first but then they were fine. It was fun to see the nannies interacting with the kids so much. 
Mila has figured out how to turn on the wiggles on my iPod. She turns it up all the way and then leaves it somewhere random in my room where I can hear it but am to lazy to go turn it off. I have those songs stuck in my head along with the Chinese ones from this afternoon which are worse since I can't understand them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)