Monday, February 20, 2012

more chinaness

Today I was back to holding babies which is a lot more entertaining than sitting in bed doing nothing. Today was a really fun day. It's hard to believe that we've haven't been here for a week yet and we are already so attached to the babies. Xander is very attached to grandma. He likes me but will start crying if she's around and not holding him. It's really sweet but I would love to have some time with him too. :) Marianne has been walking around with the support of high chairs and such this week and tonight she took her first steps unsupported. The nannies were all very excited and cheering for her. We all were. I have learned all the babies', in the isolation room, names except one of the girls. The nannies can't seem to decide what her English name is but her Chinese one I believe is An Choi Le. Bryant is looking like he's getting some chub on his cheeks and looks a little better than when we came. I hope he'll keep improving. Coco was in the isolation room for a little this morning because she wasn't feeling to well. She wasn't too happy about it and so was Jack. Those two are the best of friends. We entertained Coco by turning on music on one of the cell phones. American music like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift and something that reminded me of kidz bop. I don't think Coco likes Taylor swift because she threw down the phone when it started playing You Belong with Me. I swear that phone almost broke into a million pieces. Angel was super cuddly and happy today. I got tons of smiles, but every time I brought out the camera she would get this serious face. This baby is David. He is one of the Christmas babies. Even though he has a more serious cleft lip I have never seen a baby finish his bottle that quickly. Which of course is a good thing. He loves to look around at everything if he is being held. Apple, the driver, finally made an appearance today. He recognized me and was super excited that I came back. Still the same super happy guy.
To all skypers: I would love to Skype. The kids really seem to enjoy it too. Just let me know before so I can make sure I am somewhere that has Internet connection. :) I don't want to miss you. 
Miss you all tons! 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having an amazing time Rachel! I bet they appreciate you helping, especially at a time like this with Amanda being gone.
    We would have so loved to Skype with you and Charlotte, but I never asked because I'm not sure the procedures and rules:)
    Maybe sometime after she is home, you and your mother can come with Shelly Rigsby and I too lunch. I woud so love for Madeline to know the wonderful people that helped make her life so wonderful until she came to her forever home:)
    Xander, oh my goodness, those eyes, he is SO SUPER SWEET! I wonder if he has been adopted:) Speaking of...
    I just saw on facebook that Michelle's parents are on a plane today heading to China to get her:)

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)