Thursday, February 23, 2012

more china related things

Today Molly, Carole, and Feng moved into our room because we were told that a family was coming to volunteer tonight. Well they aren't coming today but we just gained 3 roommates and they are already proving themselves. They figured out how to fix our heat. We were in a unheated bedroom before which I didn't really mind. Lots and I mean lots of Chinese volunteers came today. We ran out of tags. I found where the diapers are stored too. Boxes up to the ceiling! 
It's super windy today in Xian. We stayed inside but we are planning on going downtown this weekend. I spent the day with Angel and Noelle. They were both super happy. At one time the nanny came and said to me in English: you please change nappy. I was super confused and thought she wanted me to lay angel down for a nap. Then I realized that she actually wanted me to change her diaper and that she didn't learn English from americans. 
Ali and I have been experimenting with Jack. We will say hello and he'll repeat it. Then we started saying Hola to him instead. He caught on. Then Ali confused him and said a long phrase in Spanish to him. He tried to repeat it back and it was adorable. Now jack in trilingual and I'll teach him Korean tomorrow. :)
Highlights of today: Mila hugging and hiding behind me out of shyness when a bunch of volunteers came, isaac dancing to the music on our iPods, lexie letting me hold her. 
This picture is of grandma with Xander. Xander won't let her leave him alone. It's really cute. We found out he likes banana bread.
Tried something new today. Oatmeal with strawberry flavored milk and craisins. Not bad. BTW cucumber lays chips are not good. At all. Smell like cucumbers too. 

Miss you all! I'm really wanting to Skype some people right now. Love you all too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)