Saturday, July 21, 2012

EFY

{Ali: my counselor}
So I was at EFY this last week and it was a blast! I had mixed feelings about it before because I had just gone to trek and I was still sore from it and all that stuff. But I'm so glad that I went. And all you people going next week missed out on the best week ever. :) Our main goal of the week for our EFY was to make Zion.
{Faith for the Win!}
We were put into counselor groups and then into companies. There is one girl and one guy counselor group in each company. Our company was Faith For the Win (FFTW). McKenzie from my trek family was in my group and that was really fun. I actually already knew quite a few people in my company and I kept on seeing random people that I knew from my last ward there too.
The best parts of EFY? We had 2 super fun dances. I don't know why, but when I'm around people that I don't know as well I seem to be a little crazier at dances. I danced with some really fun people and I taught Justin how to dance. BTW Justin is my cousin and he came up from Vegas to go to EFY with me.
Another fun part was Variety Show. It's actually a talent show, but since they want lots of different stuff in there instead of 15 kids playing the piano, cuz we are mormon and that's what we do, we had yoyo and puppet shows and all kinds of awesome stuff like that. And Dallin did a really entertaining piano story. He's really good at the piano.
I loved the classes we had on Tuesday. They were really good and honestly an answer to prayer. I went to EFY with a really big question that I needed answered and we had a class about it and during Personal Scripture Study I was able to find a lot of stuff to help me. I loved how spiritual EFY was while at the same time being super fun.
Thursday was great because it was church dress day. All the boys were wearing their white shirts and ties and all the girls looked beautiful. We did al lot of spiritual stuff that day. We ended the day with a testimony meeting. It was the first testimony meeting I had been to without lots of awkward moments where you are waiting for someone to get up. I felt the spirit so strongly and felt like we had really achieved Zion.
One of the sweetest parts of EFY for me was Brian. Brian was a special needs kid that was there. He was so sweet and was seriously our EFY mascot. He did everything. He was in the choir and he danced like no other. And he had the sweetest testimony.
I made lots of new friends and I met a lot of amazing people. I'm pretty sure everyone that went left with a stronger testimony.
{Jadam: my other counselor}

{Kenzie and Becca}

And we had a water games. Basically the company that proved that they drunk the most water in the week got to dump one of those big things of water on whatever counselor they chose. There wasn't to much participation so one company really easily won it. And they dumped 2 of those big things on Jeff.
I LOVE EFY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)