Sunday, August 12, 2012

Concert for Starfish in OR!!

Remember my slight obsession with these cuties. That happen to be at one of the coolest places in the world. Maybe even better than Disney World (have to make myself feel good about your trip, Emma)? Just in case you don't here's a link to my explanation of The Starfish Foster Home
Anyways... I think I had been in China for a couple of days when Natalee contacted my mom and asked if she could do a benefit concert for Starfish. When my mom told me over Skype I totally freaked out. And it's been a while since the idea first came up, but we are having a concert. All the proceeds will go towards Starfish. Natalee is an amazing pianist who will be releasing her first cd soon. Here is a video about her:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L71cgSrIhHE&feature=plcp. The concert is in a week on August 17th at 7 pm. Natalee will be performing with the Wooden Quartet Burke Family (they are amazing BTW). But because we weren't able to get tickets selling until recently the attendance for the concert is not looking so good. It would mean the world to me if we sold out. BTW if we sell out that's around $5000 for Starfish. I know everyone is really busy in the summer and that this is totally last minute but I would love to see you at the concert! The tickets are available at www.VenetianTheatre.com

1 comment:

  1. hahaha you're right Rachel, totally better than Disney World ;) Totally wish I could go, the concert sounded really cool, and looked like a lot of fun. I've actually heard the Wooden Quartet Burke Family and they are extremely good! I was in awe :) hey btw: we're not doing anything tomorrow so there is a really good chance that we could skype! but I need your skype name cuz when I searched "Rachel Kang" there was like 100 different people. So you should text me :)

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)