Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Starfish Concert

So... we had a concert to benefit Starfish on the 17th. I was stressed out... like super stressed out. We had a pretty good turn out and Natalee and the Burkes were AMAZING! Natalee is an amazing pianist that composes all her music and she just came out with her first CD, Reflection (it's amazing). And the Burkes are amazing at the strings. Tara, the mom, is amazing and has taught her kids. The youngest one, who played the cello, is 11. Just saying. Wow.
Ever since I started my crazy obsession with Starfish I have wanted to do a fundraiser of some sort for them. I started planning quite a few. But none of them ended up happening. When I heard that Natalee wanted to do a benefit concert I was so excited. And watching that happen was a dream come true. I totally cried during the concert, especially at one song where Natalee had a slideshow of the Starfish babies playing during it. And then the last song where they sang. I mean seriously these people have talent. I can play the piano, but have no talent in singing. They have both.
I got to have a table with stuff from my Etsy shop (Sorry it's kind of neglected right now... I took off everything for the concert and forgot to put it back up) . I was able to raise $500 for my trip to Starfish next year. I don't know how much we actually made for Starfish yet, but I can't wait to figure out. The support I felt that night for me and for Starfish was amazing. And I just want to tell the Burkes and Natalee THANK YOU again for everything they did!
{Natalee and I}
{Me and the Burke sisters}
{Me and all the Burkes}

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)