Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Miss Mia

 Most volunteers have their one baby that they get attached to while they are at Starfish. They spend tons of time with them and take tons of pictures of them. My baby was Mia. There were those other kids that I hung out with when Mia was sleeping or someone else was holding her, but if you ask my friends who I talk about most they would tell you Mia. Mia has cleft lip and was fairly new when we came to Starfish. The birthday that the orphanage gave her is March 4, so she is 4 months old now. She was the youngest baby there when we were there and the healthiest for her age. I spent my time putting her in cute outfits that fit her and cuddling her. She is a cuddlebug. She won't go to sleep unless someone is holding her and will wake up if you try to put her down. I spent a few meals holding her to keep her happy. She had her surgery a few weeks after we left and will need another one next year. 
Pictures from Mia photo shoot



Pictures of Mia and Me



More pictures from our photo shoot


Mia at 7 a.m. right after she woke up

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)