Monday, September 26, 2011

The benefits of having your dad work at Nike

Since my dad works with Nike we always get Nike stuff. That's pretty cool, but the coolest thing for me is the people we get to see. About 2 months ago we got to see Manchester United practice at Nike. That was cool. Cooler: Last week I got to see the US Women's Soccer Team practice at Nike. My soccer heros are on that team, so I freaked out and took a gazillion pictures. If it weren't for the fact that we don't have room on our computer there would be a lot of pictures with this post. They did autograph signing afterwards. I only got 5 due to the crowd, but I got most of the people I wanted: Alex Morgan, Shannon Box, Ali Krieger, Becky Sauerbrunn, and one of the goalies. I feel like a lamo because I cannot remember her name. So the balls they had were black, but so were their sharpies. I had my silver one. Guess what happened because of that. Every single person that signed mine made eye contact with me and asked me for my sharpie and said thank you. Made me feel super special. That sharpie is sacred now. :) Definitely the highlight of my year. They beat Canada in the game on Thursday too. But I knew they would, so no surprise. Yep. I will be talking about this for awhile. Poor Autumn. :) Everyone was there except Hope Solo, who is doing Dancing with the Stars. She did pretty good. 21 out of 30. Abby Wambach, Megan Rapinoe, Rachel Buehler, Lauren Cheney and all of them were so close I could have touched them. Yep. I totally freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)