Wednesday, October 5, 2011

General Conference

This last weekend we got to listen to General Conference, which is when we get to listen to our Prophet and church leaders counsel us. It is always very uplifting and there always seems to be this one talk that just sticks out. I really enjoyed General Conference this October because I didn't get to watch it in April because I was in China. I'm so proud that I only had to miss 1 session this time for soccer. Sometimes my games are at inconvenient times. The talk that popped out at me was the one by Carl B. Cook with the story about his elevator experience. So many times we are looking down, but we need to remember that it is always better to look up.

So...my soccer game went kind of well. Our defense was asleep, but what do you expect when you wake up 15 teens at 6:30 to go play soccer in St. Helens. Not that good of a result, apparently. :) We were tied in the first half 1-1. The second half we got 2 more goals and they only got 1. We had a British ref, which totally made my day. You can't get angry at a ref with an accent. :) There were some calls that should have been called, but we won anyways. I'm so glad that was the last game that I'm going to that was far away. I'm skipping the next one in Molalla for Best of EFY. The rest of our games are at Thatcher expect for the last one in Hillsboro, which isn't far at all. A team has to come all the way from The Dalles to play us though. That stinks for them. It will super stink for them if they lose by a lot. I had my first practice in the rain yesterday. By the end of 2 hours in the rain I was soaked with grass covering my legs and my ankle hurt so bad from slipping on it. Rain and soccer just don't go together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)