Sunday, April 22, 2012

A sleepover (at a little kid level)

 I love these girls. Since we're all stuck home with HMFD (NOT FUN) for the next week or so I decided I'd have some fun with these two last night. 
We decided to have a sleepover. Just us three. But at a little kid level. At 8:30 they met us in the guest room with their sleeping bags and a backpack with their stuff.
We ate cheese sticks. 
 Everyone put their bags in the corner.
 And then they took advantage over me offering to read them whatever book they want. After they chose a really long one we changed what we were doing. :)
 Then I offered to paint their nails. They kind of had mixed feelings until I showed them what I had. I don't think they had seen the crackle before because Elise seriously freaked out. So I painted 20 little nails. Elise had yellow with crackle and Lilly went for pink with crackle. It is hard to paint little kid nails. They are super tiny! And then the get messed up in about 5 minutes. :)

 Finally the girls got a little tired. We had some ice cream and then it was time for bed (sometime between 9:30 and 10). We laid out our sleeping bags.
 Don't forget I was having a sleepover with a 4 and 6 year old. So their calico critters joined us. 
 Then we took a picture before we switched off the light. BTW Lilly is pretending to sleep. Lilly wanted a story and I was out so Elise told us the story about Annie (they just watched the movie) word for word with the songs. After a while I told her she could summarize it. 2 sentences later she was done. ;) And then we heard about Rapunzel. Here is an excerpt from Elise's story:
Elise: Once upon a time a wicked lady stole a baby princess. She grew up and had super long hair. Then this BOY came and said "alone at last" and she hit him with a frying pan....
I did not know that she knew all those songs that well.
Then Lilly wanted to change places with Elise. Lilly must have thought I was going to run away because she had to be touching me all night long. And she played with my hair all night long. 
 At 6:30 AM Lilly was up yelling, "WAKE UP, IT'S THE MORNING!" I gave her my camera so I could get some sleep. When I retrieved it at 8 she had taken 145 pictures with the help of Elise. I found these treasures among the pictures of the carpet.
 Yesterday I thought Lilly how to take a picture of herself. I think she was practicing. :) The many faces of Lilly.....
Photos courtesy of Lilly :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! That sounds like fun! :D I totally remember Lilly waking up every morning when we were camping and saying "IT'S THE MORNING!!!" lol good times :)I think the last pic is my fav!!!

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)