Thursday, January 5, 2012

Elise: the starfish baby

When Elise (my sister) saw that there was a baby named Elise at Starfish, she freaked out. She decided that this baby was the only person in the world with her name and thought that they had a special attachment because of that. It was and still is pretty cute. Before I left she worked super hard and earned $8 to go towards Elise's surgery. And she wanted me to bring her favorite toys with me to China for her to play with. Sadly, I didn't have any room and I think I won't this time either. So, when I got to Starfish I decided that I would play with Elise tons for my sister. If Elise was crying she would get picked up by me immediately. By the time I left she would start crying if I just walked in the room, so I think she might have been okay with me holding her all the time. :) She had a few milestones happen while I was there: she celebrated her first birthday and stood up for the first time (I got a picture). When she first stood up she was super proud of herself and started clapping and fell backwards. Luckily, I caught her since they have super hard floors. She started turning around before she would let go and start laughing after that because it's really funny to see if Rachel can remember to catch you before you fall each time. Elise's surgery got paid for because she was just too cute and what better way to spend money you've saved for forever. :) She'll be there when I get back and I can't wait. She's going to get some more spoiling along with Miss Charlotte.


This is Elise at Halloween. Her lip looks super good. She'll need quite a few more surgeries and a lot of dental work since her teeth were already coming in when she had her surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)