Tuesday, March 13, 2012

And they're back!

Today Leo, Trevor, and Noelle came back from their hospital stay. Trevor is back to himself laughing or crying all the time. Super cute. I didn't realize how much I missed him. That's what happens when you just think about waking up in the middle of the night to change a diaper with the kindle being your only light. Not. Fun. They shaved part of Leo's head to put an IV in and it looked pretty bad so we shaved the other side to match. He looks like he kind of has a mohawk now. Noelle also got part of her head shaved and I think we will end up shaving the rest because it look HORRIBLE. I miss their pretty hair. :( They will stay in the sick room for a couple days and then we will "release" them. :) The chinese girls are staying with them tonight.
Peggy moved in with us today because the nurse, Gillian, is coming tonight. It will be super nice having a nurse to turn to for the next 2 months. I'm thinking there will be a lot of medically important changes, so we will probably be super busy.
Today when Karen and Celine were here we decided to do something about Coco's terrible diaper rash. Karen is a nurse and we are pretty sure she has a yeast infection. So Coco got to spend 30 minutes in the bathtub playing with me while we tried to get her all clean to start a new treatment. Usually they get 5 minutes at most in the tub so she loved it. Now she has the split pants and a diaper on VERY loosely. BTW we split the pants ourself. :) She seems a lot happier.
Coco is definitely my girl. She starts laughing and yelling at me as soon as I walk in the door. When she cries she comes to me and wants me to hold her. I'm the only one that can comfort her and now am the only one she lets feed her lunch. I think her nanny will hate me by the time I leave. :) I took Coco outside today to go for a walk. She really enjoyed it and pulled me around for a good 20 minutes. I saw my first pretty insect. Not a cockroach but a BUTTERFLY! It freaked Coco out and I got it to go on my finger to show her that it wouldn't eat her. She still doesn't like them. Oh well. I got her to give me a kiss today. She gave Angel one too. That girl is so sweet. I'm so glad that she's going to a family.
I took Bryant out for some special time today. He was giggling and talking a bunch. Way to cute! He looks so much better, but his legs and arms haven't received the chubness yet. I'm hoping he get's Taylor's nanny. I think she was also Sally's nanny and she sure gets her babies chubby. :)
Angel started smiling and getting all excited when I picked up today. Apparently the xian orphanage nanny, who I LOVE, has been telling her when I come "big sister is coming!". Yeah. I wish I was her real big sister, but being her volunteer big sister will be enough for now. It's kind of funny because whenever I walk in one of the rooms the nannies hand me whatever baby they think is MY baby. In the pink room it's Angel; blue is Coco; red is Bella; and yellow is Bryant. The older kids just follow me and the nannies really can't hand them over. :) I get tons of hugs from Kathryn, Isaac, Chloe and Charlotte daily. What am I going to do without my hugs! Probably die. :) Oh and I got Ethan to run to me and give me a hug. He loves his nanny so this was pretty BIG.
Today I went to the storage room and grabbed a new thing of bubbles to entertain the kids since they were out playing. Megan loved them! She would laugh when they came towards her. Celine was holding her up by her arms and Megan started using her legs to bring herself closer to the bubbles. This is BIG because she has CP and usually doesn't do things like this. Charlotte wanted to blow the bubbles so bad. I finally let her and it was adorable! She was a pro. She started calling them "fwa fwa" because that's the sound she makes when she blows them. Soon I had Angela, Coco, Mila and Charlotte all wanting turns blowing the bubbles. Soon the bubble container was half empty and I had bubbles on my pants and shirt. I'll bring them out again for sure. And this time get pictures.
Okay so the exciting news is: I finally am able to actually blog from china and not have to email it to my mom so she can do it for me! Shang came and did her magic and the awesome computer started working! So I've been checking everyone's blogs and stuff. I was able to show off my sisters to Xue Ting and Shang. BTW girls they think you are adorable and look like me. Except Autumn and Chloe apparently don't look like me. :) They saw the pictures on my blog from my last trip and asked who gave them to me. They apparently didn't know about my prrevious trip and Shang kept telling me it was a "pity" that we didn't get them to her before some of the kids' adoptions. And the CD is MIA so she is pretty determined to find it. I LOVE Shang!
I could talk forever about each day, but I'll limit my stories so I have some for after. I'm trying to think of the 10 things I'll miss most and it's super hard. Maybe I'll have it figured out by the time I leave.
And before I forget... HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA! Amanda is my life hero and I hope she had the best birthday ever!

Miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that your blog is much longer now that it is on a keyboard and not on an iPod. I think we express our brains better when we are able to type it instead of poke it out on a tiny keyboard. :)

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)