Friday, March 16, 2012

Angel is a sleepy head :)

I honestly think that every day here is crazy in its own way. There is no normal when you have 35 babies. I guess if there was a normal it would have to be a pretty crazy one. The weather has totally changed since yesterday. Yesterday was rainy and reminded me a lot of Oregon. Today was sunny and the nannies even took a couple layers off the babies! Every baby got to go on a walk too after naps.
The teachers came again today. This group helps the kids with more serious disabilities that cannot run around. Anna loves them now. When they come my job is to find the baby they need since I've got all of the names down. Xander was pretty upset when the teacher took him to the reading room instead of our room. He kept pointing to our room and Sara had no idea what he wanted until I explained to her that the room is where he gets spoiled with treats and anything he wants.
I gave Angel plenty of lovin' today. We had some tummy time and she was really good about it. She especially loved the patterns on the blanket. She beat Judy, who can't last to long because she still is pretty small. Angel fell asleep in my arms right before lunch. And I ate lunch holding her. And don't forget that I was using chopsticks. Feeling pretty proud of the fact that I didn't spill any of my food or drop her. :) I took her back to her room and laid her down where she slept for the next two hours. Then I went and picked her up once she had her bottle. And she fell straight back to sleep in my arms! That girl sleeps a lot. I decided to not put her back in her crib. Instead I searched until I found a baby sling. Grandma helped me put it on. She slept in it for another 3 hours. The nannies thought the baby sling was the funniest thing ever. I had all of them come over, look at angel, point to the sling and laugh. Yep. I'm the crazy american. One of the nannies even brought her camera over and had to take a picture of me with it on. I put the sling back on tonight and put Judy in it. She loved it! The night nanny hadn't seen me earlier and started cracking up. I guess they don't use baby slings in China. Well... I'm glad to provide entertainment.
Bryant went to the hospital today. He has pneumonia. He'll be in the hospital for a week. I won't see him again this trip. I'm going to miss his smiles that he had for me everytime I walked in the room. Gillian said he already looked better when they left the hospital.
Gillian taught me a card game today called Jacks or Fives. Prepare yourselves. I'm going to teach my sister Elise to cream everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL:-) I wonder how many of our customs here in America that they would find funny:-)

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)