Sunday, March 4, 2012

Being a nurse's helper

Today I've been feeling super helpful. Usually I don't on the weekend because we have too many Chinese people here playing with the babies. It can be pure chaos. 
I started out helping with the breath treatments. I know all the names so it was my job to give a name when they wanted to write it down and to hold the babies when they were treated. 
Grace, Noelle and Judy need it too. Since they are in the isolation room we had to move the 6 healthy babies to the yellow room which took all day. We had to move in cribs, cabinets, bedding and clothes. Then the nannies didn't get that they were supposed to move in too and left us in a bad situation with 4 crying babies and just me. Now they are settled in. We've decided to isolate the other babies from the blue room and the red room since they could get the others sick. Ryan, Leo, Marianne and Trevor were moved into another room where they can get treated if they get a fever. Ryan and Leo both had fevers today but seem much better. Since we are lacking night nannies grandma and I are spending the night with the sick four. We finally got them all sleeping. Ryan didn't like to be away from his nanny and she was worrying about him and came by to tell me all about him and his sleeping and eating habits. Ryan is asleep so I think it worked. Marianne went straight to bed and same with Trevor. Leo was wide awake and we finally got him to drift off. I believe out of boredom. :)
Joy was adopted today! She was very happy and her nannies were all saying good bye for the last hour. I didn't get to participate since I was helping with other things. Jane and jack are tomorrow so maybe then i will. First we will see if jack can come home from the hospital.
This is Leo. He has small small ears. I think he can hear out of them but I'm not sure. He is the happiest boy which is a relief right now. Ryan is very upset because he wants his mama (nanny). Leo is around 8 months old and very interested about everything. He likes to wave his hand. 
We leave to Beijing tomorrow if we buy our tickets. We just had another volunteer come from the states who actually nannies so I feel we aren't totally leaving them in a bad situation. 
Hugs and kisses from me and the babies!

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I'm VERY MUCH enjoying reading your blog:) That one picture with the Pink thing dancing still has me laughing!

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)