Saturday, March 3, 2012

China=Craziness

Crazy. If I had to describe today with one word that would be it. The hot water lied to me and was cold. So that sucked. Then add the fact that all the sudden I had 6 cockroaches sharing the shower stall with me. Long story short i did not finish my shower. But I'm proud that I didn't scream which is quite a miracle because I did when I ran into a spider later today. I'm a wimp when it comes to bugs.
We started a sort of preschool where we have teachers come volunteer their time on Saturday and do crafts with the older kids and help kids like Kaitlin and Anna develop. Grandma and I were in charge of making sure everything went as planned. The first 3 teachers got lost and ended up coming at 1 instead of 9. Then we ended up with just 1 in the afternoon. But it was good for the kids. 
Crazy amounts of Chinese volunteers today. By 10 am we had twenty with the kids and 5 cleaning the toys. And don't forget the next twenty waiting at the door. We try to prevent having to many as it makes the kids a little shy and it can be hard for the nannies. 
We walked to the little store at the corner and got some snacks today. Still no ice cream. 
I got grandma to paint my nails tonight. I'm so glad I brought my nail polish. :) I got to Skype with my family and some friends today and that was fun. 
We are almost ready for the now 3 (?) adoptions in the next two days: Jack, Joy, and Jane I believe. Jack's was postponed a day to give him a chance to get a little better.
Coco is calling me her jie jie now. She always gives me a smile when she sees me. I'm so glad that she warmed up to me. I didn't get her to really do that last time. 
Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

people showed that they care :)