Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shots+35 kids= lots of tears

Today we fixed up Leo and Noelle's hair. Noelle is now a bald baby and Leo has half a mohawk in the front, which is very chinese. They both get to wear hats all the time now. I'm still pretty sad about Noelle's hair but Leo's is pretty cute. I don't know what I'm going to do if they cut Kay Louise's curls...
Today we had a nurse come in to give all of our babies (minus Mila, Isaac, Angela, and Charlotte (?) ) their shots. Talk about fun. The little babies were really happy and then tortured, but they got over it pretty quickly. I held Angel while she got her's. She cried a bunch and it was very hard to soothe her. I seem to have no problem seeing long needles going into someone but if I see them go into me I freak out. Those needles seriously looked like they would go through the babies' arms. The older kids were much harder than the younger ones because they actually knew that they were about to be tortured. Poor Mila was crying a bunch because she didn't want shots. After 15 minutes of having her traumatized the nurse told us she didn't need any. Yeah. Mila was definitely one of the worse when it came to crying and she didn't even get a shot. :) I was also the one to hold Coco while she was tortured. She only needed one (most of the others needed 2) and she was so upset. When she's sad she likes to cuddle me so we had a little cuddle time before I needed to comfort another baby. I was certain none of those babies would forgive me but after naps they were all happy about it. And the big success today? Ethan prefered me over his nanny and would not go to her. After Coco's nap, which is never that long, we took her out to give her a bath to help with her rash which isn't getting better. Her nanny freaked out because they don't give them baths for 24 hours after the shots here. Weird. We gave her one anyways. :) She had so much fun splashing me. She thought it was hilarious. Me? Not so much.
After her bath I got to skype Charlotte's parents again which was super fun. We brought out the bubbles so they could see how stinking cute she is with them. And then she was using my camera as a phone. We had a few times where she was really interested in her mama and baba. She even told them that she loved them! The nannies here are really curious about the whole skype thing and I always have some crowding me to look at the people who I'm skyping with. Xiao Liu asked me who I was skyping and I said "Charlotte mama and baba". She thought I meant that I'm skyping my parents and am showing them Charlotte. After some more talking she understood and freaked out. She thought it was so cool. Then about 5 more nannies joined her looking over my shoulder and trying to get Charlotte to look at the camera. Too funny. Chloe was being really sweet and telling Charlotte that her mama and baba would take her home and was very excited for her. They all seem to get realy excited about the other kids getting adopted.
Guess what I got for dinner? Baozi! So good. I ate so much of it. Oh my gosh... I could have had them all. :)
Well...I can't wait until I leave in 4 (sad face) days so here are a few things I'm going to miss. There will be more to come. :)
1. Isaac running up to me and giving me a kiss and a hug everytime he sees me
2. Coco telling me what to do all the time
3. Angel smiling at me and talking to me everytime I pick her up
4. All the kids calling me jie jie and Xiao Liu calling me Rachel
5. 24 hour access to little babies

And 5 things I will not miss:
1. the cockroaches
2. poopy diapers
3. having to take my shower between 6 and 9. Not whenever I want.
4. the CROWDED bus
5. not getting to see my friends for 5 weeks!

Miss you all! And I'll see you soon in the US!

2 comments:

  1. I can't watch the needles go into me either, so as long as I look away, everything's fine :) I can't believe there's only 4 days till you come home!!! :D It doesn't seem like it's been 5 weeks already

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even look at needles, I still cry like a baby! :-)!
    Thanks again Rachel! It was SO SO amazing! I just can't wait for July ( Hopefully June...and Hopefully not as late as August LOL)

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)