Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ryan

I started off the day with a warm shower which totally effects your day. Cold shower equals a grumpy Rachel and a nice warm or hot shower equals super happy Rachel. :) I started the day off with Charlotte, Isaac, and Kathryn. We brought out baby dolls and it was so sweet to see how they treated them. Kathryn liked chucking her doll at the floor because it would kind of bounce up which freaked out Charlotte. Charlotte, who has learned from the nannies, piled blanket upon blanket on her doll. There ended up being around 10 on her doll at the end. :) 
Let me emphasize how much I appreciate the starfish without 20 visitors at a time. We did have to turn away about 6 groups of around 10-15 people, but the nannies have acted so much calmer and different with the kids since we've asked the visitors to not come. There was one group that was a family that had some kids that looked around 13, 10, 6, and 1. The kids were probably friends or cousins but sure were cute. We let them stand behind the glass doors and when we took babies on a walk they joined us. It is getting a lot warmer. 
When we had all the babies out in the courtyard I was holding David. All the kids were very interested in him and his cleft lip. Isaac, who had the same cleft, touched his own lip when he saw David's. Xander just wanted to hold David and give him kisses. Kathryn gave him some kisses too. Then David spit up all over me. Beforehand Angel had spit up on me twice so I decided it was time to change. :)
Poor Coco has the worst diaper rash I have ever seen. She starts crying whenever her diaper needs to be changed now. That's how I found her today, crying on a stool. When I walked to her she immediately gave me a hug. I changed her diaper and then after a while got her to stop crying. I think she might be allergic to the formula because she apparently has always had a rash that goes in and out with the weather (?).  Finally I got my girl to smile and play on the rocking horse. Then her nanny came and told her to get in this bouncer of sorts. Coco didn't want to, of course, because she is 3 years old. The nanny picked her up and put her in it which made coco start crying all over again. I immediately picked her up much to the nanny's surprise and started the process of getting her happy again. I think the nanny underestimates her and got pretty mad at me. So I took coco to my room and we played there with Xander and grandma for a hour. She had a baby doll and was finally herself when it was dinner time and I had to take her back to her room. It was so sweet. When she was crying after the nanny ordeal she picked up her doll and started patting its back as if comforting the doll comforted her.
This is Ryan. I joke that he looks like he could break out of jail. Or maybe be the president's bodyguard. :) He's so happy to be out of the sick room and back running around with the others. He just turned two, but is a big boy kind of like Daniel, the little boy who was adopted when I was here last.
And now to answer some questions and add some randomness:
1. CRP is C-reactive protein. We read about what it is but I honestly can't remember and the computer is in Chinese so yeah. 
2. Judy is smaller than Angel and I would guess is wearing newborn. She is around 4-5 months old.
3. Yes, I do miss the US, but my next trip is going to be around 2 months. Anyone want to join me? :)
4. I love it here! It's the best home away from home and I've got 33 little brothers and sisters here right now. And others who have been adopted or have gone to a better place. 
5. My career: nursing!

As you can see, starfish has changed my life and my plan for my life. I love this place so much and it's going to kill me to leave these babies. 
Oh, guess what?  I just became famous for my piggy back rides yesterday and all the kids want me to do now is to bend down so they can climb on my back. Believe it or not I actually always have a line of 2-3 kids waiting. :) 

1 comment:

  1. That is a WONDERFUL careeryou would make a wonderful nurse!

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)