Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I made it home alive!!

{Trevor, nanny 1, nanny 2, nanny 3, Grandma, Xander}
 Our last day at Starfish definitely had it's ups and downs. I woke up at 6 (not normal) so I got 4 hours of babies before we left to the airport. Had a nice warm shower and saw no cockroaches. When we told the nannies we were leaving they all wanted to take a picture with us. Grandma spent her last hours holding Xander. Luckily she was feeling a lot better.
{Xander's nanny, Grandma, Xander}
 I spent my last hours going between Angel and Coco. I ended up holding Angel and playing with Coco a lot. When Christy told Coco I was leaving to go back to the states she put on the cutest pouty face and didn't take it off. She gave me kisses when I left. And waved too. Still had the pouty face of course.
We got to the airport in time and got all checked in and stuff. Grandma got caught in each security we went through for her chinese medicine in her backpack. The flight really wasn't that bad. On our flight from Beijing to Seattle Grandma and I didn't get to sit by each other because it was so crowded. She was on row 10 and I was on row 31. 31 is the second to last row on the plane. I got to sit by this chinese family with their adorable little girl that talked to me in baby chinese the whole flight. No good movies on the plane. I entertained myself by watching the muppets and other movies along those lines because I wasn't sleepy and didn't want to go find my book. I know. Lazy. I ended up sleeping for the last 3 hours of the flight, but that really isn't that long considering how much sleep I needed to be on track when we landed. When we did land we had to go through customs and all of that fun stuff. The customs here was definitely better than US customs in Vancouver, BC. We didn't get in trouble and were out before we knew it. Grandpa, Mom and Chloe met us at the exit. And surprised me with two of my friends: Emma and Emilee. I stayed up until midnight that night talking which I think helped with my jet lag because I slept pretty well. I had a head ache all yesterday. I slept until 11 this morning. Yeah. I think I might be caught up on sleep now. :) So far this whole jet lag thing isn't so bad. Yesterday was the worst, but I feel completely back to myself.
Now I' working on memorizing all my piano songs again because I seriously cannot remember the last half to both of them. Oops. I'm so happy to have my own bed and piano back. I don't have to worry about cockroaches.
Hannah came in at 7 am this morning with our dog, Oreo, to wake me up because I usually don't sleep that long.
Hannah: Wake up Rachel!!!
Me: I'm kind of trying to get over my jet lag. I'll come out after a few hours. And please get the dog off me.
Hannah: What's jet lag?
Yeah. We are working on that. She kind of understands the whole thing now. When I told her that I usually am going to sleep when it's around 7 am here she started to get it. When I walked down at 11 to eat breakfast/lunch she asked: are you over your jet lag yet? I wish.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah jet lag is the pits!I'm making myself stay up today even though I didn't sleep last night.Thanks for posting a few pictures I don't have. miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are suffering from jet lag more than me.

    ReplyDelete

people showed that they care :)